We are notaries public in New York State, and, as a result of Gov. Cuomo’s Executive Order 202.7, are now allowed to notarize documents remotely.
Our firm provides remote notary services to clients throughout New York State. We are the first to introduce the concept of Remote Notary Services.
What this means if you require a document or documents notarized:
- The person or persons will have to join the notary in a secure, online Conference Room with the document(s) to be notarized;
- The person or persons must have their State of Federally issued ID with them for the conference (it cannot be emailed to the notary ahead of the meeting);
- The person or persons must have the ability to scan in the document(s) they sign while the notary is watching them sign it/them, and then fax or email it/them to the notary;
- The person or persons must then send the notary, at their expense, the original document(s), either via USPS, Fedex or UPS, for which the we can generate a pre-paid mailing label, with tracking, or via First Class Mail (not recommended since originals may be required to replace the remotely notarized documents);
- We then notarize the original signed document(s) and return them via USPS, Fedex or UPS, at the customer’s choice and expense.
Note that Steps 4 & 5 must occur within 30 days of the remote notarization, and you should expect to have to present the originals to the recipient of the remotely notarized document(s).